6 Steps in Filing a Social Security Disability Claim in New York
While your disability may seem obvious, it doesn't necessarily guarantee you will qualify for benefits. Filing a Social Security disability claim in New York can be very challenging. This is why it may be in your best interest to secure legal help from a Staten Island Social Security disability attorney.
6 Steps to File a Social Security Disability Claim in New York
- Initial Application - Social Security Administration determines which disability program for which you are eligible;
- Medical Determination - a medical determination is made on your claim;
- Reconsideration - if your initial claim is denied, you may file for it to be reconsidered;
- Hearing - if the request for reconsideration is denied, you may appeal your claim and request a hearing;
- Appeals Council - if the hearing does not result in a favorable outcome, you may then make an appeal to the Appeals Council; and
- Federal Appeals - this is the final step if your claim is denied by the Appeals Council.
Each step in itself can be very time-consuming and complicated, which is why you should enlist the help of an experienced attorney.
New York residents should know what to expect when it comes to the Social Security disability claims process. A Staten Island Social Security disability attorney can help.
Contacting a Staten Island Social Security Disability Attorney
Before you file your Social Security disability claim in New York, be sure to take advantage of this free consumer's guide: 5 Mistakes to Avoid When Filing a Social Security Disability Claim. Contact a Staten Island Social Security disability lawyer at Decker, Decker, Dito & Internicola for help with building your disability claim - 1-800-976-4904.
Category: Social Security Disability
To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."